Give chocolate truffles a floral and fruity twist with this recipe.
- 2/3 cup (160ml) thickened cream
- 40g unsalted butter, chopped
2 teaspoons or teabags of Earl Grey tea
- 170g unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 100g feuilletine (can be substituted with thinly sliced roasted almonds or cornflakes)
Yields: Approximately 30 truffles
- Combine the cream and butter over high heat and remove from heat once it starts to boil
- Add the tea leaves and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes to steep.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Pour hot cream through a fine sieve onto the chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Cover and place in the fridge for about 2 hours or until firm.
- Line a tray with baking paper and place the feuilletine in a bowl.
- Take a teaspoon of chocolate mixture,roll into a ball and coat it with feuilletine. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Place on a serving plate and serve!
Tip:When rolling your truffles, make sure your hands are cool or wear rubber gloves so the truffles don't melt.